Wednesday, June 27, 2012

C4T #3

Cool Cat Teacher Blog
By Vicki Davis
Comment #1
     When I saw that I was given Vicki Davis as my teacher for C4T, I was excited! She was assigned to the class in an earlier blog post. Ms. Davis posted on Monday, June 25, 2012. The title was "We Need and Education Victory Garden". I was interested from the title alone. Her first lines read, "I'm convinced that politicians, actors, and businesses are in the business of education because education hasn't taken care of its business." Very interesting...
Ms. Davis expressed her concerns about how education just sits back and watches itself go down the drain. She is upset and says, that the reason education is not doing as well as it should be is because of our own state of mind. She believes that we should work together and together bring hope and change. Towards the end, she also emphasizes how much of a greater advantage the "plugged teacher" is compared to the "unplugged". By now, I am sure you understand that the "plugged" teacher is the one who uses PLN's and are networking online. She believes they are educated enough to make the difference.
I commented:Ms. Davis, I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I am following your blog as an assignment for my education class; EDM310. I have watched other videos of you as well. I love how you express your concerns for education. Not only do you express your concern, but you also present a solution. I love how you refer to those teachers as "plugged and unplugged". I am so glad that I will be apart of the plugged!




BY VICKI DAVIS
Comment#2
This blog was very inspiring. It told of the story of a teacher's garden. Of course, this was not a literal garden, but all of the rules still apply. There are always three rules to a garden. Rule number one, you harvest what you plant. Rule number two, your habits in the garden determine the quantity and quality of the harvest, better put, "Do you hoe or weed your garden daily?" The final rule is whatever you water, grows. Just like this garden, the same is true in a teacher's garden. For teachers, these rules must be remembered during summer vacations. The first two rules go along with you harvest what you plant. Rule number one, what you learn this summer, will come out in your teaching in the fall. Rule number two, what you plan and do now will determine how well you start.
Finally, take the time to unwind so that you are ready for the fall. This is like whatever you water grows because getting plenty of rest is like watering yourself so that you can flourish!!
I commented:
Ms. Davis, I love the idea of the teacher's garden. I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. This will be very helpful for me when I begin to teach. I loved how the rules worked for a natural garden and the teacher's garden. I am going to share this with others. I would love for you to visit "My Blog".


2 comments:

  1. You don't have to publish this until you have completed Part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thorough, thoughtful. Well written. Well done.

    ReplyDelete